Driving aids - 2019 Hyundai NEXO Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Driving aids

The Nexo will be coming with a highway autonomy system similar to that of Tesla's Autopilot as standard. The car will also have safety features such as blind spot monitoring and automated emergency braking. Hyundai is calling their autonomous system Highway Driving Assist and Lane Following Assist, but its already been noted for being a bit less seamless than the competition. It will also have the ability to remote self park.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 03:34 PM

seen information about this as well and I was impressed to find out its Level 4 autonomous driving tech, a more sophisticated system that does well even in tunnels where GPS signal might be weak.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 10:23 AM

There is no way that the Nexo will have level 4 autonomy from launch. My guess is that Hyundai will follow suit with what Nissan has done with the ProPilot system, and will continue to update its capabilities with future software patches.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 06:49 PM

If not then there might be some chance they can program it in like what Tesla has done if the hardware from launch allows it.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

I'm sure it will already come equipped with all the necessary sensors and cameras and Hyundai will simply have to rollout the software to allow this functionality. Imo we are still years away from any road going Level 4 production car.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page