Hyundai leading the way - 2019 Hyundai NEXO Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Hyundai leading the way

Hyundai seems to be at the forefront of new propulsion technology, and I'm taken back by what the Nexo promises. According to the automaker, the Nexo can store up to 14 pounds of hydrogen in its tank, giving it an estimated 380 miles of range. That figure does drop a bit to 354 if you step up to the Limited version due to it being heavier and having bigger wheels.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 09:57 AM

A range like this certainly does prove the validity of this powertrain, and I don't think there is an electric model that delivers anything close to it. If you factor in how quick it is to refill, the only real concern is the number of refueling stations.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alstom View Post
A range like this certainly does prove the validity of this powertrain, and I don't think there is an electric model that delivers anything close to it. If you factor in how quick it is to refill, the only real concern is the number of refueling stations.
ultimately it comes down to giving consumers options especially when those options contribute to the same goal of reducing gas house emissions
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alstom View Post
at this point its just an alternative that people can choose from because charging/refueling speed has come down to the threshold required and that is in line with ICE cars.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 09:18 AM

30+ min charge times are in line with a petrol refill? Something is wrong with the pump if its taking you that long to gas up.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page