EV Wishlist Thread - 2019 Hyundai NEXO Forum

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

EV Wishlist Thread

For the dreamers in this community, this thread is for you. With EV's finally building momentum and diversifying into a wide range of segments in the near future, odds are you've heard or something or better yet waiting on it. Personally for me it has been the Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo. As a Porsche fan and owner of a first generation Cayman and E60 BMW 5-Series wagon, its easy to see why I'm after the Taycan.

Recent news revealed what a production ready prototype looks like and its impressive to say the least...

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 10:08 AM

I'm actually more impressed with the newer entry level EV's that we are seeing out of Hyundai and Kia. The Niro EV has been rated at 301 miles in the city, which is absolutely incredible for a $35k car imo. Adoption rates are going to increase two fold once this number becomes the new average.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alstom View Post
I'm actually more impressed with the newer entry level EV's that we are seeing out of Hyundai and Kia. The Niro EV has been rated at 301 miles in the city, which is absolutely incredible for a $35k car imo. Adoption rates are going to increase two fold once this number becomes the new average.
Those Korean brands have been doing well, ever since seeing the Soul EV i have been taking interest in them but the reviews and consumer feedback suggest staying away.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 10:13 AM

If more entry level models are able to deliver on that kind of range, we could be seeing a new benchmark. That's going to force companies like Nissan and Chevy to do more significant updates with their future gen models.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 09:18 AM

Nissan has already announced a long range variant of the Leaf, though it has been delayed due to the allegations against Ghosn. All these upcoming premium models from Porsche, Audi, MB etc do make it seems like Tesla's days of majority market share are numbered.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

If I was a billionaire, this Formula E influenced racer would be at the top of my list. Just not a fan of its koenigsegg-like design.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-24-2018, 09:17 AM

I've seen quite a few publications reference Nio as the "Tesla of China'. I don't know if their success in their home market will translate to sales in the U.S however. All the big names have new EV's coming.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Talks of an all electric McLaren P1 landed me on this picture

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 11:42 AM

I don't think its fair to do that to the P1 with succeeds the F1. Instead McLaren should come out with a new model that doesn't have a history to pay homage to. We already have the P1 GT-R, isn't that enough for those seeking higher level of performance?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page