Enjoying the discussions so far - 2019 Hyundai NEXO Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Enjoying the discussions so far

I know traffic on this board is still pretty light, but I have to say that I'm happy to have stumbled upon this site. I've been interested in fuel cell vehicles for awhile, and this is a great place to learn more about them. Hyundai's first foray is looking a lot more promising than previous attempts.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 01:28 PM

Agree. I view it the same way and have ever more after seeing the many reviews that have come out to the point i'm very likely to buy in.

However, I will be waiting to see what other car makers have to announce at this years end round of autoshows.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 10:12 AM

The main barrier holding back the success of FCV is the fact that they are pretty much restricted to California. I think right now its estimated that there are only 6,500 hydrogen cars currently on the road worldwide. Half of those are in Cali.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moren View Post
The main barrier holding back the success of FCV is the fact that they are pretty much restricted to California. I think right now its estimated that there are only 6,500 hydrogen cars currently on the road worldwide. Half of those are in Cali.
California is just an idea environment to show these products work before going nation wide. The same thing played out when I wanted an original Chevy Volt.
So while it might seem like a barrier, being Cali-only till the numbers are sound is part of a much bigger nation-wide move.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

This is because of governmental initiatives by that state and countries like Norway as well. Not only do they provide some of the best rebates and incentives available, but they are also far ahead of the curve in terms of supporting the future of alterative energy vehicles.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 05:22 PM

younger demographics are the main force behind them being idea for new technology, swaying older demographics is near impossible
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 09:53 AM

Well it wont be new buyers who can afford $60k FCV. Even if it is a younger demographic who takes more interest in this technology, the pricing is going to be a huge barrier to entry.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moren View Post
Well it wont be new buyers who can afford $60k FCV. Even if it is a younger demographic who takes more interest in this technology, the pricing is going to be a huge barrier to entry.
To me younger demographics = young professional. They are the ones with incomes to support buying these vehicles and living in expensive boxes in the sky. Spent time in any major city center and surrounding areas that attracts them and see what they drive, its very much what the Nexo is about. At the same time there is a major portion of people in the same age range that can't have neither.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page